The Cabinet is the organ responsible for guiding, defining and following-up of activities relevant to the general policies adopted by the General Assembly.
The Cabinet is composed of:
- 01 President
- 01 Vice President
- 01 Treasurer
- 06 Sub-regional Coordinators
Members of the Cabinet are elected by the General Assembly for a tenure of 04 years non renewable. Voting is by secret ballot. Each member entity shall have one vote.
Attributions of Cabinet members
The President is the legal representative of the association. S/He convenes the General Assembly.
S/He is responsible for the overall welfare of ACSIS.
The Vice President
S/He supports the President in her/his mission.
S/He shall replace the President in her/his functions in the case of absence.
S/He is invested with necessary prerogatives.
S/He is responsible for the management of the financial resources of the association.
S/He keeps the treasury and regular accounts, receives membership fees.
The Executive Secretariat
The Executive Secretariat is the executive organ of the association. It shall implement ACSIS policies. In carrying out its missions, the Executive Secretary may be assisted by technical commissions created for such purposes. The Executive Secretary ensures the administrative management of the association.
The Sub-regional Coordinations are made up of the total National Coordinations. Sub-regional Coordinations are classified as follows:
- Northern Africa
- Eastern Africa
- Western Africa
- Central Africa
- Southern Africa
- African Diaspora
Sub-regional Coordinations shall:
- Ensure coordination between the Executive Secretariat and National Coordinations.
- Propose and implement sub-regional plans and programs in accordance with the ACSIS general policies.
- Take active part in national programs and ensure their correct implementation.
- Draft and present annual reports to the Cabinet, with copies to the Executive Secretariat and National Coordinations.
Sub-regional Coordinations are led by sub-regional Coordinators who are elected by the respective National Coordinators during the General Assembly for a tenure of 04 years non renewable. The function of a Sub-regional Coordinator shall not be cumulated with that of any other in ACSIS.
National Coordinations represent ACSIS in African countries as well as in the Diaspora.
National Coordinations shall:
- implement ACSIS global policies at the national level
- propose and implement national programs and plans in conformity with ACSIS objectives
- Draft and present annual activity reports to the sub-regional Coordination
National Coordinations are led by National Coordinators who are elected by the representatives of member associations during its General Assembly for 03 years renewable.
National Coordinations meet at least once a year. The function of a National Coordinator shall not be cumulated with that of any other in ACSIS.